CEBU CITY, Philippines – Other Cebu City residents whose homes and other structures were damaged by Typhoon Odette will soon receive financial assistance.
The Department of Social Welfare and Social Services (DSWS) has indicated that it is now awaiting the release of the supplementary budget for Odette’s financial aid.
The aid was part of the 400 million peso budget allocated by the city council which was adopted earlier this year in the first Supplementary Budget (SB).
DSWS head Portia Basmayor told CDN Digital that from a budget of 400 million pesos, at least about 80,000 structure owners are targeted to be beneficiaries.
On May 13, after the elections, at least 30,000 of those 80,000 have already received their cash assistance of P5,000.
This means that at least 50,000 other beneficiaries should receive their Odette aid in the coming weeks.
“Last week, last week, is May 13 release. Pero naa pa tay umaabot nga other version napud. Wait for your CTO (City Treasurer’s Office) with cash advance,” Basmayor said.
Basmayor notes that these estimated P50,000 recipients have already been listed, reviewed and submitted to the CTO for budget release, meaning they are already identified.
Once the CTO is able to release the budget in their system, the distribution will be announced immediately by the DSWS to notify the beneficiaries.
Basmayor said that due to the upcoming distribution, those who did not claim their financial aid from May 13 to 26, 2022 can go to DSWS to process a new aid payroll.
She indicated that the mayor wants the entire budget to be released to the beneficiaries and avoids returning it to the city’s coffers as much as possible. Thus, those who have not applied will have another chance to obtain financial assistance.
For now, Basmayor urges Odette victims to be patient as the next version is set very soon since the budget is there and does not need to be dealt with. /rcg
Cebu City continues to release economic stimulus plan
Cebu City ends distribution of Odette, other financial aid
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: Comments uploaded to this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of the management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem inconsistent with our editorial standards.